Phone: (817) 444-5555
Degrees and Certifications:
BS of Art from Texas Wesleyan Technology Applications Art Ec-12 SpEd EC-12 (General) 4-8 Generalist
Mrs. B. Shepherd
Hello, Azle Artists, Parents, and Guardians... My name is Mrs. Shepherd, and I will be your Creative Teacher and Guide for the 2020-2021 school year!
This my seventh year at AHS and my 13th year as an educator. I have taught Art in both the traditional and digital graphics sections, and have enjoyed watching students produce beautiful works of art from each section. My first few years in education were spent teaching special education.
Personally, I love to work with both 2D & 3D art media, I'm an extreme out-of-the-box thinker, and I love to get my hands dirty... so get ready for a creative year!
I am a coach's wife, mother of two, and dog momma of two Siberian Huskies. We love our Faith, Family, & Football... & Baseball. Coach Shepherd is my husband and our son will be joining us at the HS and our daughter will be at AJH this year.
We are all looking forward to an AWESOME school year! Go Hornets!!
Attendance and Enrollment
School systems are required to provide parents notice of their public education enrollment and attendance rights and responsibilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following is information published by TEA.
● Per Texas Education Code (TEC), §25.092, students must attend 90% of the days a course is offered (with some exceptions) in order to be awarded credit for the course and/or to be promoted to the next grade. This requirement remains in force during the 2020-21 school year.
● Given the public health situation, student attendance may be earned through the delivery of virtual instruction.
● Any parent may request that their student be offered virtual instruction from any school system that offers such instruction. If a parent who chooses virtual instruction wants their child to switch to an on-campus instructional setting, they can do so, but school systems are permitted to limit these transitions to occur only at the end of a grading period if it will be beneficial to the instructional quality. If a parent requests
virtual instruction and the school doesn't offer it, the parent may enroll in another school that does offer it for transfer students.
● School systems must provide on-campus attendance as an option for students otherwise entitled to attend school who follow this document’s required public health procedures and whose parents wish them to attend on campus, subject to school.
- share APPS used in class
LMS that will be utilized CANVAS
- instructions for accessing assignments, and events calendar, and more
Daily Grades 60% - minimum of 10 grades
Major Grades/Assessments 30% - minimum 2 grades
CBA/Six Weeks/Semester Tests 10% - minimum 1 grades
In accordance with grading guidelines, a student shall be permitted one (1) opportunity to retake a test for which the student received a failing grade. The maximum grade for a retest is 70. There will be no retakes on six weeks or semester tests.
● Two forms of email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
● Canvas: This is where all work will be turned in unless otherwise instructed in advance. I will post due dates and upcoming projects to the calendar in Canvas.
● Remind: Each class will have its own Remind code that I encourage both the student and parent to log into. This is another platform for us to communicate with and for students to send in their artwork if canvas and emails are not working.
1st - Conference
2nd - Art I
3rd - Art I
4th - Art II, 2D Art & Design
5th - Art I
6th - Art III, IV & AP, 2D Art & Design
7th - Art I
8th - Art I
VASE: Visual Arts Scholastic Event