Phone: (817) 444-5555
Degrees and Certifications:
BS of Art from Texas Wesleyan Technology Applications Art Ec-12 SpEd EC-12 (General) 4-8 Generalist
Mrs. B. Shepherd
Hello, Azle Artists, Parents, and Guardians... My name is Mrs. Shepherd, and I will be your Creative Teacher and Guide for the 2021-2022 school year!
This is my 8th year at AHS and my 14th year as an educator. I have taught Art in both the traditional and digital graphics sections, and have enjoyed watching students produce beautiful works of art from each section. My first few years in education were spent teaching special education.
Personally, I love to work with both 2D & 3D art media, I'm an extreme out-of-the-box thinker, and I love to get my hands dirty... so get ready for a creative year!
I am a coach's wife, mother of two, and dog momma of a Siberian Husky. Along with our two rescues, a lab and a German Shepherd. We love our Faith, Family, Football & Baseball. Coach Shepherd is my husband and our son has joined us at the HS and will be driving soon and our daughter is cheering for AJH this year.
We are all looking forward to an AWESOME school year! Go Hornets!!
- Daily work counts 60%
- Major grade counts 40%
- Assignments / tests can be made up after absences. Students are to complete the work not to exceed the number of days of consecutive absences.
- Students can turn in work until a major grade is taken over the content.
- A grade of 80 is the maximum grade for late work.
- How you want parents to contact you… Parents & Guardians can also contact me via remind.
- Teacher conference time: 1:35-2:10 p.m.
- Teacher email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- How you will communicate with the parent… I will return messages, emails, and calls per parents request.
Wednesdays after school till 4:30... I can also set up a Google Meet if your student is at home sick.
Parents, I want you to know that I am here to help student(s) be successful.
Remind Information for All of Mrs. Shepherd's Art Classes:
If you are a parent or guardian, I would highly suggest you join your child's class so that you may be in the loop and updated on projects, due dates, supplies needed, along with tips and tricks to help your student's navigation through the world of art as easy as possible.
- Send a text to 81010...
- Test this message... (that corresponds with your students class per.)
- 1st: @shepart1
- 2nd: @art2dsh
- 3rd: @art2dsh3
- 4th: @shepart4
- 5th: @art2dap5
- 7th: @shepart7
- 8th: @shepart8
1st - Art I
2nd - Art II, 2D Art & Design
3rd - Art II, 2D Art & Design
4th - Art I
5th - Art III, IV & AP, 2D Art & Design
7th - Art I
8th - Art I
C-Lunch - 1:05-1:30
6th - Conference1:35-2:20
VASE: Visual Arts Scholastic Event (Will be held Feb. 19, 2022)