Future Business Leaders of America
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
Sponsor: Mrs. Knoll, Room F12
Visit the Future Business Leaders of America - Texas website.
FBLA-PBL inspires and prepares students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work.
We will attend conferences to help members develop leadership, chapter management, and career skills, as well as build lasting networks and friendships.
State Leadership Conferences (SLC): SLCs feature competitive events and elections. Competitive event winners earn the opportunity to compete at the National Leadership Conference. Conference is held in March.
National Leadership Conference (NLC): NLC concludes the membership year and sets the stage for the upcoming school year. Participants attend business-related and leadership development workshops, tour businesses, elect national officers and participate in the National Awards Program competitive events. The top winners take home trophies and cash awards. Conference is held the end of June.
Members Should Compete to ...
- Demonstrate career competencies, business knowledge, and job-related skills;
- Expand leadership skills;
- Demonstrate competitive spirit
- Earn recognition for achievements;
- Win cash awards;
- Travel and network with other students.