Families in Transition - Homeless
Children and youth who lack a fixed, regular and adequate living situation are considered homeless under federal law.
If you feel that this is true for you and your family, please contact our district McKinney-Vento Homeless Liaison.
Jamie WestbrookEmail: email@example.comPhone: 817-270-1231Fax: 817-444-2824
- Identify students who lack fixed, regular and adequate housing.
- Refer students and their families to the appropriate community resources for their needs.
- Encourage school attendance.
- Help with school enrollment and nutrition services.
- Assist with transportation to school of origin.
- Encourage college and training programs after high school.
- Emergency assistance with school supplies and clothing.
- Help obtaining student birth certificates and immunizations.
- Catholic Charities - Homeless Outreach (SOS) - 249 West Thornhill Dr. - Toll-Free 1(877) 414-8345
- Fort Worth Housing solutions - 1201 E. 13th Street - Admissions (817) 336-2419
- MHMR 24 Hours Crisis Hotline - (817) 335-3022
- Tarrant County Human Services - (817) 531-5620
- United Way's First Call - dial 211
- National Safe Place
- ACH Youth and Family Services - 3712 Wichita Street. - (817) 335-4673/335-4041
- Presbyterian Night Shelter - 2400 Cypress - (817) 336-1781
- Safe Haven - Victims and their Children - 24 hr. Domestic Violence Hotline - (817)535-6464/548-0583
- Samaritan House (Transitional Housing for those with Special Needs) - 929 Hemphill - (817) 332-6410* Case Management - counseling - medical support
- Union Gospel Mission - 1321 E. Lancaster - Families (817) 332-6908
- Broadway Baptist Church - 305 W. Broadway - (817) 336-5761
- Salvation Army -1855 E. Lancaster - (817) 344-1800
- Tarrant Area Food Bank - 2525 Cullen St. - (817) 857-7100 - tafb.org
- Texas Health & Human Services - 7540 John T. White Road - (817) 460-6491
- Medicaid Transportation - 1(855) 687-3255
- JPS Health Clinic - 401 Stribling, Azle - (817) 702-1100
- Parker County Medical Assistance Program - 1 (817) 458-3358
- Tarrant County Health Department - Lake Worth - 3800 Adam Grubb Road - (817) 238-4441
- Tarrant County Public Health Department - (817) 321-4700
- Goodwill Industries - (817) 332-7886
- Tarrant County CCMS - (817) 831-0374
- Texas Workforce Commission - (817) 531-5670
- Women's Center - 1723 Hemphill Drive - (817) 548-1663
- Legal Aid of N.W. Texas - 600 E. Weatherford - (817) 336-3943
- Azle Child Care Associates - 1325 S. E. Parkway, Azle - (817) 237-9922
- Safe Harbor Counseling Center, Inc. - 196 East Main, Azle - (817) 444-1514
- Region 10 Education Service Center MV Homeless Statewide Initiative
- The Texas Homeless Education Office
situations have the opportunity to enroll in, attend, and succeed in school.
THEO can be reached toll-free at: 1-800-446-3142
- Texas Homeless Network
Texas Homeless Network (THN) is a non-profit membership-based organization helping Texas communities
prevent and end homelessness.
- The National Center for Homeless Education
The National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) is the U.S. Department of Education's technical assistance and information center in the area of homeless education.
- Division of Federal and State Education Policy