Phone: 817-444-5555 x2103
Degrees and Certifications:
BA English and Writing McMurry University Certified to teach ELA 8-12
Mr. Neil Corbett
This will be my eighth year at Azle High School; I teach Honors English II, Creative Writing, Journalism and Newspaper. I am also the faculty sponsor for Chapters of Azle creative writing club and the UIL Journalism coach. A native of Fort Worth, I graduated from Western Hills High School in 2004. From there, I headed to Abilene where I received my BA in English and Writing from McMurry University. I spent about five years working in market research before I realized that my talents were in teaching. I received my teaching certificate through alternative certification in 2014 and began working at Azle High School right away. I am currently enrolled in grad school working on my master's degree through Vermont College of Fine Arts.
- 1st Period - Honors English II
- 2nd Period - Journalism I
- 3rd Period - Advanced Journalism - Newspaper
- 4th Period - Creative Writing
- 5th Period - Conference period
- 6th Period - Honors English II
- 7th Period - Honors English II
- 8th Period - Honors English II
- Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 8:00 - 8:30
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons from 4:00 - 4:30
The best way to contact me is through email. There is another teacher who uses my classroom during my conference period, so I won't really be able to take phone calls then. If I need to contact you by phone, I will do so after 4 p.m.