Phone: 817-444-5555 ext. 2106
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. English- Texas Tech University (2016) M.A. English Literature- Wichita State University (2018)
Mr. Cole Miller
Digital Meet The Teacher Video: Digital Meet The Teacher Video 2021
Hello, I am Cole Miller, Secondary ELA Teacher at Azle High School.
I teach the following:
- Honors English 2
- English 4
I received my Bachelor's in English from Texas Tech University in 2016 and my Master's in English Literature from Wichita State University in 2018.
My teaching experience began as an Instructor at Wichita State University, where, for two years, I taught Freshmen and Sophomore-Level Composition, Rhetoric, and Business/Technical Writing.
I have taught at Azle High School for three years, teaching English 4, English 3 and Honors English 2 over that time. I am also part of the AVID Site Team, growing the AVID courses, curriculum, and initiatives in our school and community.
In a complicated world, I find joy in simple things. My hobbies are watching or playing basketball, video games, playing music, DIY projects around the house, gardening, cooking, and exercising. You can probably find me running at one of the parks around town in the morning/evening or grilling in the backyard with my dog, Dany.
My vacation plans are usually kayaking and camping with my dog or spending time with my family.
I am a digitally-oriented teacher who uses technology in class nearly every day and, as such, I am usually best at communicating via email: email@example.com.
Please reach out if there is anything I can do to assist!
My tentative class schedule is:
1st Period: English 4
2nd Period: Honors English 2
3rd Period: Honors English 2
4th Period: English 4
5th Period: English 4
6th Period: English 4
7th Period: English 4
8th Period: CONFERENCE
TUTORIAL: Tuesday morning 8:00-8:30am and Wednesday 4:00-4:30pm
Note: These may change and I will try to update site as changes occur, but please remain engaged in Classlink, Parentlink, and with the District's announcements.
CLASS FORMAT (VIRTUAL INCLUDED)
1. When you start your day, check your email. EVERY DAY; you will receive many different emails, including alerts on upcoming due dates and assignments.
2. Stay consistent with your routine
3. A little behind? Check Calendar and make up missing work ASAP; also, keep in touch with me so I know what's going on
4. Question during lecture? Raise your hand.
5. During small group breakout, you must participate at least once/week.
6. DOUBLE-CHECK ALL SUBMISSIONS ONLINE
- You are expected to verify submissions and any error will be placed on the fault of the student unless otherwise proved.