Azle ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Azle ISD SHAC Information
- Azle ISD SHAC Meetings
- Azle ISD SHAC Board Reports
- Azle ISD Wellness Policy
- Learn more about SHAC
- SHAC public statements as required by board policy BDF(LEGAL)
District SHAC Contact
Azle ISD SHAC Coordinator
Shawna Clouatre, MSN-Ed, RN, ENPC
SHAC Mission, Vision, & Goals
The mission of the Azle ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is to promote school policies and practices that will improve and maintain the health and wellness of students, staff, families, and the community of Azle.
We envision a future where every child in the Azle ISD area has the opportunity to live a healthy lifestyle, to be health and physically educated, and to transfer that knowledge into action.
- Support a healthy and safe school environment that fosters learning.
- Establish healthy behaviors during childhood that carry over for a lifetime.
- Strengthen academic success by enriching health and physical activity opportunities.
- Promote the implementation of a coordinated school health program focused on the following components:
- Health education and services
- Physical education and physical activity
- Nutrition, environment, and services
- Counseling, psychological, and social services
- Social and emotional health
- Physical environment
- Employee wellness
- Family and community engagement