Course Outline for Criminal Justice Courses
My Contact Information:
Email: email@example.com (best way to contact me)
Phone: 817-444-5555 Ext. 2133
- The student will be required to participate in hands-on activities that may require sitting on the floor, or carrying objects. If accommodations need to made, please contact me.
- Law Enforcement I requires the completion of Principals of Law (or instructor approval)
- Law Enforcement II requires completion of Law Enforcement I
- Active participation during classroom activities
Class Material Needed:
- School issued Chromebook and charger
- Paper and pencil/pen (no red pens)
- Binder for all class paperwork
You must bring your Chromebook and binder to class each day. You will need to use your Chromebook to complete research and some assignments. Phones will not be allowed for this purpose! The binder will be used for all class notes, hand-outs, and assignments.
Tutoring: I am available for tutoring on Wednesdays from 4 to 4:30 p.m. Please let me know in advance if you plan to attend. Any questions, please contact me.
Late Work Policy:
For late work I will be following Azle ISD guidelines, so please read this policy.
Daily Grades 60% - minimum 12 grades
Major Grades/Assessments 40% - minimum 3 grades
CBA/Six Weeks Tests Counts as a Major Grade/Assessment
All assignments and tests will be given in class, for the most part. If you look at my home page in Canvas you will see 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th marking periods. Inside these, it is broken down by week. You can see what we will be doing in class each day, as well as what assignments we will be doing. I update grades every Friday at the end of the day, so you can always see the grades, as well as any assignments that are missing.
- Bring all materials to class on a daily basis.
- Cooperatively and individually, stay on task and complete assignments in class
- Make sure all electronics are completely put away (no phones on desk) at the beginning of class unless the instructor says otherwise. Chromebooks will be used for classwork only, no playing around on the internet.
- Arrive on time to class and be in your seat when the bell sounds. If you are more than 30 seconds late you will need a pass to enter class.
- Use polite speech and body language. Always behave in a way that is respectful to your instructor and fellow classmates.
- Class disruptions will not be tolerated, no horseplay and no talking while class in progress. Class disruption could lead to disciplinary action being taken, including being removed from the class. All discipline will be in accordance with Azle ISD policy and can be found in the student handbook.
- No cheating! Students caught cheating will receive a zero and a parent/guardian will be contacted.
- Stay in your seat unless you have permission to get up. See class disruption above!
- No food will be allowed in class. Water bottles will be allowed, but only in clear bottles.
- Clean up after yourself before you leave class, and take any personal items, paper, water bottles, or other items with you when you leave.
- And last, be active in class, ask questions, and have fun!
- Verbal warning.
- One-on-one discussion concerning behavior.
- Call to parent/guardian concerning behavior.
- Office referral.