New Para-Professional Substitute Requirements & Sub Pay
No college hours are required to sub as a paraprofessional.
Please prepare for orientation by completing the following steps and bringing the necessary documents with you to orientation.
- Complete the online Substitute application.
- Complete the DPS Criminal Record Background Check form (this is now part of the online application).
- Complete the TEA fingerprinting form (this is now part of the online application).
- Bring a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Bring your current Social Security Card.
- Bring a voided check or direct deposit authorization form from your bank for direct deposit enrollment. No paper checks are issued. All earnings are paid through direct deposit only.
Paraprofessional Substitute Pay:
Regular Aide Pay - $70 Daily Rate
Special Ed. Aide Pay - $85 Daily Rate