New Professional Substitute Requirements & Sub Pay
Please prepare for orientation by completing the following steps and bringing the necessary documents with you to orientation.
- Complete the online Substitute application.
- Bring one of the following:
- An official transcript showing at least 30 college credit hours from an accredited university and grades earned.
- If you have a degree, bring an official transcript(s) showing degree(s) and grades earned.
- A letter of recommendation from an Azle ISD principal.
- Copy of teaching certificate, if applicable (this is now part of the online application).
- Complete the DPS Criminal Record Background Check form (this is now part of the online application).
- Complete the TEA fingerprinting form (this is now part of the online application).
- Bring a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Bring your current Social Security Card.
- Bring a voided check or direct deposit authorization form from your bank for direct deposit enrollment. No paper checks are issued. All earnings are paid through direct deposit only.
Professional Substitute Pay Daily Rate:
$90 Daily Rate
Long-Term Substitute Pay:
11th Day = $110 (Professional positions only)
31st Day = $180 (Professional positions only)