Counseling & Intervention
Azle ISD has a comprehensive school counseling program that includes:
- A guidance curriculum to help students develop their full educational potential, including the student's interests and career objectives;
- A responsive services component to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student's continued educational, career, personal, or social development at risk;
- An individual planning system to guide a student as the student plans, monitors, and manages the student's own educational, career, personal, and social development; and
- Systems to support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents, and other members of the community in promoting the educational, career, personal, and social development of students.
Texas School Mental Health and Behavioral Health Website - developed by TEA to provide information to help schools to support students' mental and behavioral health.
Azle ISD Intervention/Crisis Counselor Services
Services Provided by Azle ISD Intervention/Crisis Counselors
- Intervene with social/emotional issues at school including anxiety, stress, grief, trauma, and depression
- Assist with campus referrals for mental health intervention
- Respond immediately to students in crisis
- Complete suicide assessments and safety plans
- Offer solution-focused hope and guidance to help students work through difficult issues
- Provide community resources to students and parents including inpatient, outpatient, counseling, and residential treatment information
- Assist with connecting families to community resources
- Assist with students returning from mental health facilities
- Assist with threat assessments and safety plans as part of the threat assessment team
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, and staff
- Meet with students as needed for social-emotional support
Services NOT Provided by Azle ISD Intervention/Crisis Counselors
The crisis counselors are not therapists and do not diagnose mental health disorders or provide scheduled weekly counseling sessions.
Meet Our Intervention Counselors
Hollee Reed, 817-752-2150 x 2820
I serve as an intervention counselor for Azle ISD. I have been in education for 15 years. I taught kindergarten at Eagle Heights for six years and served as the counselor at Azle Elementary for three years. I have two kids that go to school in Azle ISD. I love being a Hornet. I am here to help and support our students and families in any way that I can. My goal is for all students to feel loved and safe while they are at school.
Kimberly Brown, 817-752-2150 x 2821
It is my pleasure to serve students, staff, parents, administrators, and community members as a district crisis intervention counselor for Azle ISD. I am happy to listen to your concerns. Please do not hesitate to call or email me. My goal is to offer hope to anyone who is struggling. I sincerely want to guide students to be successful in school and in life. We are Azle.