Azle ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
The Azle ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) mission is to promote sound school policies and practices that will improve and maintain the health and wellness of its students, faculty, and community.
We envision a future where every child in the Azle ISD area has the opportunity to live a healthy lifestyle, to be health and physically-educated, and to transfer that knowledge into action.
- Support a healthy and safe school environment that fosters learning.
- Healthy minds and bodies will be promoted through effective school health education and services.
- Academic success will be achieved by empowering our faculty to model healthy behaviors.
- Champion the practice of Coordinated School Health (CHS) by effectively implementing the eight components of CSH: Health Education, Counseling, Psychological and Social Services, Physical Education, Healthy School Environment, Health Services, Health Promotion for the Staff Nutrition, Family/Community Involvement.
2020-2021 SHAC Meetings
- August 14, 2020 (COVID Team)
- November 6, 2020
- April 23, 2021
- May 21, 2021