Azle ISD Pre-Kindergarten Program
Please review the information below for eligibility requirements for Pre-K, required documents for registration, and instructions on how to complete the registration process. Full-day pre-kindergarten classes are held at the Azle ISD Pre-K Center, located at 1010 Boyd Road in Azle.
Visit the Pre-K Center website. View the Azle ISD Pre-Kindergarten Family Engagement Plan.
See Policy EHBG(LEGAL) for information regarding pre-kindergarten.
Pre-Kindergarten Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year
- Must live within Azle ISD
- Must qualify for the program based upon one of the following:
- Limited English Proficiency
- Homeless (as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11431)
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States
- Star of Texas Award
- Child is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services
Required Documentation for Pre-K Registration:
- Child’s state-certified birth certificate (Order a certified birth certificate from www.texas.gov)
- Current immunization record
- Child’s social security card (if available)
- Proof of residence (current utility bill, copy of sale or lease agreement, voter’s registration)
- Telephone/cell phone, cable/satellite, waste bills will not be accepted
- If child is living with someone else, a residency verification form needs to be signed and notarized.
- Driver’s license or photo ID of parent/guardian
- Proof of income
- Current pay stubs for ALL working members of the household. “Current” means the month prior to verification.
- Proof of military duty (if applicable)
- Proof of Star of Texas Award (if applicable)