Flyers in Our Schools
As a community service, Azle ISD cooperates with community groups and outside organizations that sponsor activities of an educational or enrichment nature for students by providing a system for distributing materials to stakeholders electronically. E-flyers are sent via email and posted online through the district's partner, Peachjar. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
All outside flyers must comply with Azle ISD board policy GKDA(LOCAL) and be approved by the District before distribution. Flyers are distributed on Wednesdays. No distributions will take place during district-designated holidays or school breaks. Please allow 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny a flyer for distribution.
Approval Guidelines for Flyer Distribution
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature as outlined below and in Azle ISD Policy GKDA(LOCAL) must be met for a flyer to be considered for approval.
- The flyer must support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- The flyer must not conflict with Azle ISD board policies, procedures, and programs.
- The flyer must originate from a local non-profit identified as a [501(c)(3), 501 (c)(4)] organization, an accredited educational institution, a company with programs of benefit to students ages 3-18, or the company is distributing free or non-conditional coupons to use as academic rewards.
- Fundraising flyers may be approved for groups affiliated with an Azle ISD campus (PTO, booster clubs, student organizations, etc.), provided they meet district criteria.
- Fundraising activities for individuals will not be approved.
- Flyers promoting any particular religious or political interest including, candidate, political party, or ballot measure will not be approved.
- Flyers must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
- Free or non-conditional flyers with coupons may be distributed as an award or incentive for students, however, any flyer with conditions such as free with purchase, or buy one get one free, will not be approved.
- Commercial advertisements will not be approved.
- All flyers must contain the following statement "This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Azle Independent School District."
Requesting Flyer Approval
To request flyer approval, follow the steps outlined below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Please note there is a fee to distribute flyers through Peachjar, but the cost is typically less than printing and delivery. Please review the Peachjar Community Free Flyer Policy for more information about promoting a free event.
Meshia Neely: email@example.com
Amanda Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org