Black-eyed Pea Dip
Servings: 12 • Size: 1/3 cup • Points +: 3 pts • Smart Points: 2 Calories: 107 • Fat: 4 g • Carb: 15 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 4.5 g • Sugar: 1 Sodium: 65 mg • Cholest: 0 mg
- 15 oz canned no salt black eye peas (Eden)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice (from about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cooked corn, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
Rinse and drain the black eyed peas in a colander.
In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt and mix well.
Add the black-eyed peas, corn, tomato, red onion, jalapeno if using and cilantro; mix well and refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
When ready to eat, gently mix in the avocado and serve right away.