Principles of good grooming and proper dress are necessary to set an atmosphere conducive to learning. The basic responsibility for appropriate dress must rest with the student and his/her parents.
The student's dress shall not conflict with dress code requirements listed below:
1. No tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, or spaghetti straps are allowed.
2. No clothing that is or can be associated with identification to an unauthorized gang or organization will be worn.
3. Hair must be neatly groomed, out of eyes, and not interfere with the educational process.
4. No spandex shall be worn. Skirts, dresses, shorts, and skorts must reach the end of the fingertips when arms are resting at student side. Pants and jeans, including all shorts, must be hemmed at all times.
5. Jeans and pants with holes in them shall not be worn. Patches must be appropriate. Leggings under short-shorts are prohibited.
. Sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building. If sunglasses are prescription, approval must be given by an administrator for the glasses to be worn in the building.
7. No hats, caps, or any head covering will be worn in the building, except on designated days or when a student has a hat pass.
8. Any garment with decorations, patches, lettering, advertisements, etc., that may be considered obscene, offensive, or lewd is not to be worn to (at) school. This includes, but is not limited to, any garment or accessory (jewelry) with any drug emblem, tobacco product, beer, wine, or any type of alcoholic beverage advertisement on the garment.
9. Transparent and/or see-through material will not be worn to school. Low-cut necklines will not be worn to school. Shirts and blouses must cover the entire torso at all times, even in movement (example is when raising your arms). Shirts must cover the entire crown of the shoulder and be at least three (3) inches in diameter.
10. All students must wear appropriate shoes at all times. No house shoes are allowed, except on designated days.
11. Jewelry of a dangerous nature is considered inappropriate and will not be worn at school. Any type of piercing is not allowed at school with the exception of ear piercing.
12. No degree of sag in reference to pants will be allowed. All pants must be worn at the natural waistline and any loose pants will require a belt. This means that if jeans or pants are loose at the waist, a belt must be worn. Underwear must not be visible.
13. Other items considered inappropriate for school, include but are not limited to the following
a) No spiked jewelry, bars, gauge ear piercing, or any piercing that protrudes from the ear or may be considered dangerous.
b) No bandannas, handkerchiefs, knit caps, visors, or any head covering.
c) No pajamas, pajama pants, or sleep wear - except on designated days.
d) No chains or wallets on chains.
e) No gang related items.
f) No shoes with skate wheels.
g) No unnaturally colored hair. (i.e. pink, blue, purple, green)
h) Mohawks are not permitted.
i) No clothing or garments with skulls and or crossbones.
All dress code final decisions are at the discretion of the campus administrator.