For the 2011-12 School Year
Do not wear these types of clothing to school:
- No part of the torso can be exposed. Therefore tank tops, tube tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, transparent and/or see-through material or strapless dress is not allowed. This type of clothing over other clothing. Low-cut necklines should not be worn to school.
o Note: Shirts and blouses must cover the entire torso at all times, even in movement (example is when raising your arms). Shirts must cover the entire crown of the shoulder and strap should be at least three (3) inches wide.
- Student clothing that can be associated with identification to an unauthorized gang or organization is not to be worn. Any garment with decorations, patches, lettering, advertisements, etc. that may be considered obscene, offensive, or lewd is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, garments or accessories with drug emblems, gang colors, tobacco products, and alcoholic beverage.
- Skirts, dresses, shorts, and skorts must be longer than fingertip length. If there is a slit in the front, back, or side of the garment, measure the length from the top of the slit, not from the hemline.
- No holes in jeans or pants. Pants and jeans, including all shorts, must be hemmed at all times. No spandex or P.E. shorts shall be worn.
- No hats, caps or any head covering will be worn or carried in the building.
- Jewelry of a dangerous nature is considered inappropriate.
- Any type of body piercing is not allowed at school with the exception of ear piercing. Studs ear wear only for male students
- No degree of sagging or baggy pants will be allowed, all pants must be worn at the natural waistline and any loose pants will require a belt. This means that if jeans or pants are loose at the waist, a belt must be worn.
- All students must wear street shoes at all times, no house shoes.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building. If sunglasses are prescription, approval must be given by an administrator for the glasses to be worn in the building
- Hair must be worn at a reasonable length, be clean, not a distracting color, well groomed, and not interfere with the educational process. Hair will not cover the eyes of the student.
- Students must be cleanly shaven, with no beards or mustaches (above grade 8 or age 15 or more), and sideburns shall not come below the bottom of the ear lobe and be well trimmed. Side burns must not measure more than one inch (1”) in width.
¨ Other items that are inappropriate for school including, but are not limited to the following, should not be worn at school:
spiked jewelry, bars, gauge ear piercing, or any piercing that protrudes from the ear may be considered dangerous
bandannas, handkerchiefs, knit caps, visors, or any head covering
pajamas, pajama pants, or sleepwear (except for special event days)
make-up on males including nail polish
fluorescent or unnatural hair color
unnaturally spiked hair including liberty spikes or Mohawks style hair cuts
shoes with skate wheels
tattoos must be covered
chains or wallets on chains
trench coats or dusters
No categories found
There are no files available for any categories.